Bungoma is located in Western Kenya.
Main security challenges:
- Ethnic and political violence
- Lynching / mob justice
- theft of personal properties, housebreaking and robbery
- Sexual abuse, assault and domestic violence
Partners in Bungoma:
Catholic Justice and Peace Commission, police, community policing committee, chief
- Since the crime observatory project was started by Usalama forum at the station, services have improved
as all parties-the police, agencies and the community- are able to share their views.
- The crime observatory software has been vital in capturing data thus decreasing the police officers workload which was exhaustive and time consuming.